Twenty nine charter members, sponsored by the La Habra Junior Women’s Club formed the La Habra Art Association in January 1955. The first member meetings were held in the Art Guild Building on Whittier Blvd. Then in July 1969, the City of La Habra gave the keys to a building in Orange Street whcih became its home for the next 47 years.
On its 62nd year, the City of La Habra dedicated space 151 1/2 at the La Habra Community Center Expansion building to the La Habra Art Association on June 5, 2017.
For more than 60 years, through the dedication of the members, the generosity of friends, donors and volunteers, LHAA has continued it mission to enrich the community through arts by hosting year-round art exhibits and holding art sessions, classes and workshops.