The City of La Habra, in response to mitigating the spread of Covid 19, and in accordance with the State mandate, ordered closure of all buildings and suspended social gatherings on March of this year. As a result, the Association has cancelled scheduled shows and suspended weekly art sessions until further notice. Despite the closure and suspension of art activities, the La Habra Art Association Board held virtual monthly SKYPE meetings regularly since the lockdown. Here are some of the items that were taken up during the meetings.
- Drew up Protocols for Phase 1 of re-opening. The protocol can be found on our website.
- A Letter of Intent was submitted to the City of La Habra to lease the Gallery room for another year. This comes with great financial responsibility. We will continue to incur operating expenses while receiving no income from shows or classes.
- Members will retain member status now until the first of the year (or later) when we can reopen. If you choose to send in your $25 dues now to support the Association, you will be eligible to take part in the new Artist of the Month program to be featured on the website. This will show-case your artwork along with a short biography
- Discussed having virtual workshops where viewers can pay to view and buy art kits for workshops.
- We will continue to solicit donations in cash or in-kind. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for fund raising ideas.
- Expanded social media presence. Virtual meetings are the new norm in staying connected and continuing our fellowship with other artists. To keep up with the new norm, we have expanded our social media presence to include Facebook, VIBER, Zoom, Skype, and Instagram. These apps can be downloaded in your phone or in your computer to avail of its features. If you need technical assistance on the use of any of the social media, please call Luz Spanks (562) 383-3643, or e-mail email@example.com, leave a message in the La Habra Art Facebook page, or send a text in the La Habra Art Gallery VIBER account.