Theme for 2020: Robots for home use
Robotics isn’t just for left-brained linear, logical thinkers. Sure, you need to have some engineering know-how to tinker with all those moving parts. But there is also a need for good design. You can’t just have wires hanging around. You need to encase them somewhere and make it easy for the programming to function and interact with humans. The LH Art Gallery may be your stepping stone to a great robotic design as well as a venue to express your love-hate relationship with robots.
Below are the rules of the Robot Rally contest:
- Entries may be in digital, oils, watercolors, inks, photography or mixed media. They can be 2-D or 3-D. You can make a painting, a drawing, a sculpture made of paper and cardboard, a digital image, etc. All artworks must be easily transportable.
- All 2-D entries should be framed and ready for hanging.
- All artwork must be original with a focus on the robotic theme of the year.
- No more than two entry submissions will be accepted for consideration from each artist.
- Entries will be evaluated by a judging panel looking for creativity, craftsmanship and bringing that “WOW!” moment.
- Entries accepted at the
La Habra Art Gallery
151 W. La Habra Blvd.,
La Habra, CA 90631.
Phone contact: (562) 691-9739
Saturday, April 25 from 12 noon to 4pm ONLY.
No exceptions or special appointments.
- There is no online form to submit your entry; you need to physically come to the gallery with your art work. There you will pay for your entry fee, fill up an entry form, and sign a release form.
- There will be 2 levels in the competition.
1) STUDENT LEVEL
An entry fee of $5 for students of High School level and below.
2) PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
And an entry fee of $10 for college level and professionals.
Prizes of $100 for each level will be awarded. A minimum of ten (10) entries must be received at each level for prize of $100 to be awarded.
Announcement of winners and awarding of prizes will be on May 2, 2020 at the Robot Rally event.
La Habra City Hall110 E La Habra Blvd, La Habra, CA 90631
Event Hours – 9am – 2pm
Announcement of winners – between 1pm – 2pm
- All entries will be on display at the Robot Rally event at the La Habra City Hall on May 2, 2020.
- All artworks must be picked up on May 2, 2020 after the Robot Rally at 2pm.
- Any artwork left after May 2, 2020 will be disposed of.
The decision of the La Habra Art Gallery Board is final.