Who can participate
The La Habra Art Association will showcase high school student art at the gallery in April 2020. That means students from La Habra High School, Sonora High School and Whittier Christian High School ranging from 9th to 12th grade are invited to participate.
The Art Association would also like to honor and award a $100 scholarship to a senior art student in each of the 3 schools at the April 24th reception.
What is acceptable
All 2-D (or flat) art media will be accepted. Artwork must be framed to be hung in the gallery. (tip: inexpensive frames can be found at Michaels, Walmart, Dollar Store, Thrift Stores, etc.) Box canvasses need not be frames unless they have open stapled edges.
The “take-in” of artwork will be on Saturday, April 4th, from 12 noon to 4:00pm at the Art Gallery. Students will fill out a label for each art piece indicating:
- Name of artist
- Title of artwork
- medium (ex. acrylic, oils, charcoal, etc)
- indicate if the art if for sale (with the price) or not for sale
- a signed permission from a parent or guardian
- Take-in: Sat., April 4, 12 noon to 4pm
- Exhibit dates: Sat., April 11 – Sun., May 17
- Gallery Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 12noon to 4pm
- Reception: Friday April 24, 4pm to 7pm
- Pick-up of art: Sat., May 23, 12 noon to 4pm
- Gallery (562) 788-1234
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Persons:
Mary Schultz – (714) 773-5174, email: email@example.com
Alan Liang – (562) 788-1234, email: firstname.lastname@example.org